Thursday, March 28, 2013

Tempo Run ~~ I won!

A much better day than on Tuesday!  I went to Chev track again to do today's session on grass, no shoes and no idea of where I was going to run!  A quick look around and I decided to run just inside the boundary fence even though there was no lane, some mud and plenty of dirt.  At least I had the fence to guide me!  Dirt up to my ankles when I finished!

Program  :
3.5km easy
5km at ST Pace (6:44m/k)
1.5km easy.

5km of 10k Tempo Run


I've made a change from 31min 5km race time - on which to base 3 key workouts - to 33 min ability time for now and work towards 31 min over the next weeks.  This fits in better with all the time I've had off recently.  It worked well today but I still had to try hard for 5km tempo at 6:47m/k. but huge thrill in staying ahead of VP at long last!

Results :
 3.5k easy
5km in 32:58.....that's what I'd call real close!
1.5km cool-down + few stretches.
6:40;  6:33;  6:39;   6:35;   6:27
Avg Pace 6:35m/k
AHR 93%;  MHR  125%.......a glitch?

I felt like quitting on Tuesday;  today, I've changed my mind!    

For today ~~~   10km

 
 



 

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Take THAT VP!

    Yes, poor contact on the HR monitor. I use buh-bump - better contact and fewer glitches. http://www.amazon.com/Buh-Bump-2-5-Ounce-Heart-Monitor-Electrode/dp/B000HZD2NU

    ReplyDelete