Sunday, January 12, 2014

Cross-training OR Rest ~~~~~

For Sundays, F.I.R.S.T. program gives a choice of either a rest day or light cross-training.  I chose the latter to see if I could work off some of the stiffness from yesterday's crippling 'run', and set off for a walk on Diamond Fields Road, the scene of the meniscus tear to my left knee nearly 6 months ago.  The road is in terrible condition with potholes, rocks, stones everywhere.  I don't think I'd even walk there again until it's graded.

I called in to one property for a brief chat and strolled around the old Historic Catholic Cemetery to see if there had been any 'new arrivals' since I was last there and, of course, there were!

It was very hot and dusty on Diamond Fields Road and I was glad to finish.  I couldn't help but notice changes along the way :  small trees that were newly planted in paddocks a few months back were now giants hiding properties that were one visible from the road......the passing of time!

Today : 6km walk  (well over an hour!)

No comments:

Post a Comment