Friday, November 18, 2005

Medium Long Run


Scheduled 8km, but did 16km easy jogging, fast walking hills - good practice for 6Ft Track in 8 days time! Left at 1:00 p.m. the latest I can remember setting out; a bit too warm at that time of day; pleasant breeze though. Returned to a favourite dirt road through bush where I've not run for some months......totally quiet & beautiful. Met a 'talking' galah that flew down & trotted along beside me...true!! Amongst the gibberish, it was saying, "Scratch me!" "Scratch Me!" Hopped onto my hand, lifted its wing for a scratch & then bit the tip of my finger!! Must have been tame & had gone AWL! As I took off up the hill, I could still hear it talking as it strutted around on the ground....I hope it went back home.

Rest tomorrow, run long on Sunday.

1 comment: