Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A Day at the Track.....today.


...not Flemington yesterday!

After finishing the morning HSC supervision at Chev., all I had to do was walk down to the track; very nice having an entire track to oneself every Wednesday!

I took Ewen's second option because (1) I couldn't find enough of the original white distance markings to do 1500m and (2) the 2nd option was something I'd not done before., which was:-

20 minutes warm-up with 4x100m strides, stretches, walk around for 10 minutes.
3x 890m (890m = 2 full laps in Lane 7), with 10 minutes rest between each set.
Advised Pace : 5:30mins. for each 890m.
20 minutes warm-down with some stretches.

After so much rain over the last 3 days, it was terribly hot & humid when I started at 1:00pm . The wet grass had not been mowed, so a few dabs of white paint were needed (!) & the ground was quite soggy on the outer edges. I thought this a fairly hard session, especially towards the finish of each 890m when I would be completely out of breath; legs not tired at all, just hot & breathless at the completion of each 890m.

I let the monitor run for the entire time (1hour 25mins.), timing laps etc., & downloaded all data from the Polar monitor to the computer & now have an amazing collection of graphs, charts etc as proof of what happens during such an exercise! Fascinating stuff! The heart rate curve has giant spires reaching for the sky & then plummeting down to earth again! I have a lot to learn yet about this software - hours of fun!

I love the sort of training I'm doing right now, with Ewen at the helm & I quite enjoyed this session in spite of the heat, probably because it's over & done with fairly quickly & no pain later!! If I get a Report Card, I'll put it in here later.

Times for 3x890m laps are:- 2:25+2:33 = 4:58; 2:36+2:37 = 5:13; 2:34+2:30 = 5:04

Report Card in!

Report Card

1) Comprehension 9/10
2) Interpretation 8/10
3) Feedback 9/10
4) Speed 8.5/10

w

(I was marked down in "Speed", I think because I ran too fast!! Imagine anyone telling me that!!!! One clear day, sooner rather than later, Chickybabe just might run out of sight on a dark night!)


9 comments:

  1. I'm missing out on sleep! Yes CB, you were too fast, although I think it means you are becoming faster.

    You neglected to show the times! An average of 5:05 per 890m which works out at 5:43/km pace - flying like a hawk, not a chicky! Goodnight ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could I possibly have forgotten the most important part of the whole session????

    The times are in now, Ewen; thanks again! CB must be getting tired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo - Well done LL. What an impressive session.

    This chickybabe doesn't run - she soars :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great report card LL. Go to the top of the class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That session sounds great. Not sure about doing it in the middle of the day though, no wonder you were hot and breathless! Good stuff in that third lap, you came home nice and strong.

    PS Love the report cards :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are all envious of your report cards. Mind you I think you may be teacher's pet :-).

    great work LL

    TA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done LL - they are some pretty impressive times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you sure your not a Com Games contender LL. You are certainly doing the work for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't technology great.

    Take your gadgets on the Six Foot Track Stroll, and then look at some impressive spikes afterwards.

    But, most of all, enjoy the stroll.

    And yes the maps posted to my blogsite, http://tuckerbox.blogspot.com/ are from Google Earth.

    ReplyDelete