Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Now I Know!





.....how slow it can be on the track & how much faster it is on a bike!

I was at the AIS this afternoon with Ewen for an invaluable track session, only to find myself running with Patrick Johnson & Nova Perris! Well, they were both training & I was on the same track so that's as good as running with them....I think!! They appeared to be a little perturbed by my feverish pace....not 'face', 'pace'!!

Track Session : The usual warm-up & strides.

1 Mile Run (with Ewen pacing). Time 9:30.2 .....and 'hit the wall' during lap 3!!!


REPORT CARD!

".....your approximate splits at 400m and 1200m. Your first 400 was in 2:17 which is 9:11 mile pace if you could keep going. Although, your first 100m was slow - about 36 seconds.........

Your time at 1200 metres (3 laps) was 7:03 so your last 400m was in 2:27. This lap was 9:51 mile pace. You slowed quite a bit in the second half.

Don't be too disappointed. 9:30 is pretty good for a first 'race' especially as your 50km training is counterproductive to running fast in middle distances. With specific training I'm sure you could get down to around 9 minutes or better. "


Warm-down & learned some drills to do while at the track on Wednesdays or while watching TV!

But now to more important & exciting matters!

Outfitted in my space suit & helmet, I leapt onto the back of Ewen's bike & shot off into the stratosphere - denuding Black Mountain on the way! From outer space I could see all of Canberra below including "little Johnnie's" Akubra!

Having encircled 'Terra Australis', we sped down the mountain leaving chaotic pile-ups behind us - mainly autograph hunters!!

We finished our sandwiches, packed our bags & drove home into the sunset!

Thank you, Ewen, for a lovely afternoon!

13 comments:

  1. Did Nova and Patrick realise they were running with royalty? These wombat sessions will make you faster. It wasn't dark enough to run out of sight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff LL, the home of Australia's finest athletes... Cam raced there a few years ago and I toof advantage of running around there with him.

    A learning experience I bet. And I assume you enjoyed the time on the bike and mountain, I used to live on the non city side of Black Mountain...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, seeing Nova and Patrick. I think I would've been too excited to run!

    And cruising around on the back of Ewen's bike, how cool are you!

    What a day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exciting day LL, star spotting and bike riding, not to mention a good training session as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh LL, if only we could run to feel the wind in our face like when on a bike:-).

    Glad you had such a fab day.

    TA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what an adventure!

    I hope you didn't demoralise Patrick and Nova too much they have some important stuff coming up ;-)

    What a great day - good on you LL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic training session! Star spotting for everyone involved.

    Love the pics of the bike too - you make a good bikie chick

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun day ! I hope that Nova & Patrick didn't pester you for an autograph !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm surprised you didn't get snapped up by a sports agent today LL.
    Sounds like a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how exciting LL, I will be keeping an eye on your adventures from now on!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nova ran in the Vets meet on Thursday, a 200m run.

    She came up to the photofinish room after her run to have a look at the result.

    And I met her baby, "Destiny" when she was a few weeks old.

    And I hope you didn't run in "Patrick's lane" when he was running on the track.

    He has a favorite lane to train in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hoped Patrick and Nova asked your permission to train with you. It's not like any Tom, Dick or Harry can muscle in on Chickybabe's speed sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're a good pillion Chickybabe. Are you sure you weren't a biker?

    ReplyDelete