Sunday, September 03, 2006

Day 8 - Tempo Run







........Just as I got out of the car at Renwick soccer field, a God Almighty awful wind blew in, bringing black clouds & a fall of sleet!

I ran for shelter to one of the buildings & waited for the worst... like 'Dorothy' in "The Wizard of Oz".....expecting at any second to be taken "Over the Rainbow" into the land of OZ!

It didn't happen, but it did look threatening!

As soon as it passed, after about 20 minutes, I started The Program for A Hard Day :

4km Tempo Run.

I stayed at the soccer field to do a few stretches & even fewer drills & walked just under 1km to where I start...at a wattle tree on Old South Road..then run 2km out past the airstrip & 2km back with Mr G-armin set to show "Distance & Pace" which he dutifully did. No mess-ups today!

I had in mind to start off slower than usual & then make each km a little faster than the previous one...this was successful for the first 3km...slowed a bit in the last one.

Time = 27:34.......I was pleased with the time; the last 4km Tempo Run on August 20th was 28:06. Not a lot faster, but faster is faster is faster & I'll take it! I have yet to hear what Ewen thinks of this run!

Laps = 7:17; 6:46; 6:39; 6:50

I felt this was a worthwhile training session, focusing on 2 issues - (1) 'goof' form and (2) even pacing. Best of all is looking at the download on MotionBased...interesting as well as being a fun toy that I love to play with!

The storm, or whatever it was, has gone; it's sunny but very windy this afternoon. I thought there might have been some snow in those clouds this morning; we occasionally get some falls in September. The wind will blow away some of the lovely blossoms......a weeping cheery at home while the red Peach blossom & Crab Apples are about to burst into bloom.


1 comment:

  1. Your photos are so beautful Lucky Legs, I just love them. I think I am just as inspired by them as reading about your running. Those photos bring the senses into play when I visualise you out there doing your thing on track or trail. BTW, I wont be running the Blackmores half as I will be running in the Canberra Times fun run that day.

    ReplyDelete