Friday, January 18, 2008

A 'Goofabulous' Track Session!

.....'Goofabulous' is much much better than 'good' though I'll settle for it if I have to!

Program : Chev. Track
1.5km warm-up.
Same time as warm-up for drills, strides, rest.
16 laps Lane 8, time each 4 laps (4 laps approx. 1.68km) sitting on HR 123 (83%).
Warm-down as you feel.


Conditions were just about perfect....all except that the oval was being used for cricket when I arrived! Luckily, half way through a cross-country warm-up, the rain settled in, though very lightly & the cricketers bundled up their gear & left. After all, it is my track on the oval that they were using!


1.5k warm-up in 14 minutes.
Drills, strides etc. & a few minutes rest in 14 minutes.
16 laps timing each 4 :: 11:34; 11:34; 11:34; 11:38.
AHR = 122 (82%)
Time = 46:22
Distance = 6.7km
Warm-down 1.5km


This was my best sesssion of this type that I've been doing for many weeks now & I was very pleased with myself! Conditions all came together to make for a good track workout : cool, very light rain, no wind, short grass, #3 Frees & I felt good throughout the whole session, quite easily watching heart rate sitting on 123 the entire time.

Total Distance = 9.7km

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/4800733


Coach Ewen was forced into giving me 99.1%!! Praise indeed from The Master!

3 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work on the track.

    Also check out my blog to see what my eldest son has been doing towards the end of the school holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff LL! There's nothing like a 'goofabulous' session to motivate you, is there. And it puts you in a good mood for the remainder of the day.

    BTW I am around, just too lazy to blog regularly. Not too lazy to read what everyone else is up to though, that's a much more interesting way to spend my spare time.

    PS Those cricketers are soft!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very belated Happy New Year LL. I hope 2008 is very, very good to you.

    ReplyDelete