Sunday, January 20, 2008

LaDiDa!

....jogging along nicely & thinking to myself : Gee! You could do a lot of damage if you happened to trip on any of these rocks or stones that are all over Diamond Fields Road....and just as that thought ended......down I went on all fours into a large muddy puddle!! Nothing serious, just badly grazed knees & palms of hands! LaDiDa!!

Program : 24 km lower aerobic run.

Lower aerobic? Couldn't get much lower as I lay face down in a mud puddle! I had decided to do the 24km as 2(2 x 5km) + 2 x 2km. Maths OK, Ewen?

First 10km ....fine; sports drink & gel at the car & off for the second loop. At about half way I tripped & toppled over in a not too pretty fashion! Picked myself up, couldn't do anything about all the mud, wiped some of the blood off & continued on to where I knew there was a tap at which I could wash myself down. However, walking towards me with her dog was the owner of that very property ...first time I've ever seen anyone else on this road who wasn't in a car!

As luck would have it, she is also a "Wires" volunteer, so she's had plenty of practice treating wounded animals! Back at her house, out came the First Aid Kit & knees & hands cleansed in no time, while I hosed off the mud from my top & shorts. What this lady didn't understand, when all was done, was why I intended finishing my run instead of allowing her to drive me back to where I'd parked the car!

I limped off but after another 5km or so, I was back at the car, still had 4km to do but decided to call it a day & slowly lowered my, by this time, stiffening knees into the car & drove home. The shower stung like a million bees!

Distance today = 22km

Distance for the week = 68.7km

6 comments:

  1. 100% for maths and 9/10 for your gymnastics roll.

    Don't forget to post it on the "Falling Down" CoolRunning thread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello LL

    I can imagine the shower scene you described ;)

    Hope your back running ASASD, that is: As Soon As Scabs Dry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sure have some adventures on you long runs LL. I am glad there was someone there to give you some TLC. I hope the damage is only skin deep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!!! But you do make it sound kinda funny. All I can think is if the lady is used to treating animals did she give you a pat on the head :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you didn't hurt yourself LL !

    ReplyDelete