Monday, January 28, 2008

Long Run/Walk

Sunday's Program : Long Run....26 km or more if you feel like it!

I decided to do 30km 3(2 x 5) out & back from the car on Diamond Fields Road. This way I had access to water, sports drinks, gels etc..after each 10km. Start 7:00am while it was still cool. The temperature climbed to 28 degrees before I finished. I walked all the hills after the first 10km......more & more walking as the day wore steadily on almost into night!

30.68 km in 4 hours 33 minutes
AHR 97 (65%).
5km laps = 46:28; 44:59; 45:34; 44:27; 45:05; 42:47

This was my longest run so far in the lead up to Canberra Marathon & it wasn't easy!

Distance for the Week = 61.2km

3 comments:

  1. I think maybe you should start at 6am Norma if it is going to be hot. But good to see the runs are now getting longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work LL. Time on the feet is so important, that 4 1/2 hrs will pay dividends in April. But I know what you mean about those long runs not being easy, makes me wonder how we ever run 42.2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posting the runs now will pay off on the Big (Marathon) Day.

    My week always starts on a Sunday.
    Can't kick those old habits.

    ReplyDelete