Friday, October 31, 2008

Chev Track....



A hot & windy morning & not at all pleasant on the track at Chev College.

Nevertheless, the show must go on!

2km warm-up; stretches, light drills & strides....all done!

Then 12 laps (400m lane), sitting on 85%. First 2 laps gradually raise HR, then 'sit on 85%'. Time each 2 laps.

Laps (about 5km) = 5:15; 5:29; 5:23; 5:29; 5:23; 5:54.

AHR = 86%; MHR =91%.

I needed to slow down after the first few laps as my heart rate was increasing alarmingly with the heat & wind.

I stretched out on the grass in the shade after finishing, got my HR down, did a few stretches & Pilates movements.

It certainly was very hard work for me anyhow, but there was satisfaction in knowing that a tough session had turned out well & Ewen was pleased with my effort, and that's very important!

Distance = 7km

3 comments:

  1. Next time I would like to see a red smiley face drawn on that oval picture thingy. Or you could run tracing out two "L"s, signing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, two 'Ls' would be cool! I can see the cricket wicket in the middle of the oval.

    It's important because I'm practising to be a grumpy old man, and if you make any stuff-ups I'll be serving it up to you faster than a Colin with a bee in his breadbasket ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant idea, Speedygeoff! I'll do that next week.

    And Ewen....why are you bothering to practise?! Colin with a bee in his breadbasket scares me though!

    ReplyDelete