Friday, March 26, 2010

Virtual Partner's Victory!


A massive win for VP this morning!

I started late around 11:30a.m and it was already very hot. Road works were happening on the flattish loop on Bong Bong Road where I usually do a tempo run, so the only alternative was to do the run on a very hilly Diamond Fields Road.

As soon as we hit the first steep hill, VP just kept on going while I died to a plod. He was 30m ahead, then 60, 100m, 200m, until he finished back at the start, more than 600m ahead of me. What a thrashing! He had made good all his previous defeats in one fell swoop and was reading, relaxed and rested, in the shade of a tree when I finally made it to the end walking up the last hill!

1.6km jog warm-up and two drills.

6.8km in 49:53
Avg. Pace 7:20....VP kept slogging away at a 6:36min/km!
AHR 125 (79%); MHR 137 (86%)


1.6km walking warm-down.


I might use the same course on another tempo run and see if I can manage the hills any better than I did today. I don't much like being beaten at all, let alone so convincingly, so another attempt needs to be done...... some other time!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you bought the drinks. That was the best race I've ever seen from VP. Next time try tying his shoelaces together!

    ReplyDelete