Sunday, November 11, 2012

Fisher's Ghost 5km ~~~~~

Perfect weather, far more welcome than the usual high temperatures we have for this event; even the hordes of flies seem to have moved elsewhere.....northwards I hope!

I enjoyed a great run, ran as hard as I could on such a hilly course and finished feeling not as wasted as I've done in previous years on what I think is a very tough course.  In fact it was a PB for the 5km which I've been running there for the past three years!  Joy, Oh joy!

Having said that, I'm somewhat disappointed that I have no official time yet.  It was explained that the computer system crashed at some stage....actually it seems to have fallen apart just after the W69 age category got through!  After that....no one, which goes to show that computers are human after all and subject to the same good and bad days the rest of us have!  Hopefully, it can be fixed manually before results are published.

My plan :
VP set to keep running at 6:24 m/km
Me, to finish in 31:??

The outcome :
My Garmin time....31:56 ....no official times for 5km due to equipment breakdown, BLAH!!!
Avg. Pace...6:24 m/km

How funny is that? VP with me crossing the finish mat at the same time, together, friends for the first time after months of serious rivalry!

5km Fishers Ghost Course in University of Western Sydney.
 2.5km warm-up + usual drills & 5 short strides
Time....31:?.... Garmin time until corrected.....last year I finished in 33:33!  I must be getting faster as I grow older!  Or is my friend on Diamond Fields Road correct when he says :  I'm getting sillier the older
I get!

Splits ~~ 6:51;  5:58;  6:20;  6:39;  6:07
Avg. Pace 6:24 m/km
AHR 84%;   MHR 87%

Today 7.5km with a 5km PB!

11 days till 5000m track, Canberra.....serious days ahead for me and VP!
 





2 comments:

  1. You were brilliant (as usual)! 31:XX is incredible for your age-group.

    Bloody shame about the computer crash. I hope they can recover the results. You could probably get a rough time going by the start/finish times on the Garmin connect 'player'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks , Ewen....will give that a try. I guess I'll just have to hope it's fixed manually to get an official time. In the meantime, I'm over the moon to get 31 minutes on that course particularly!

    ReplyDelete