Saturday, November 17, 2012

Workout #3 ~~~ Long Run

Just two more training sessions and the 12 week 5km program will have come to a happy end!  Thursday, I drive to Canberra, run 5000m at night and drive home Friday.  No idea at all what I'll do after that....some new direction will come to mind, it usually does.  After reaching one goal it's never too long before another presents itself.  I know I'd like to do more short distance training.....something will turn up!

Today's Program :  10km. @ 6:41m/k....I did 11.8km by the time I finished visiting people!

Diamond Fields Road, 11.8km


 I called in on some friends on two properties in Diamond Fields Road.  Everyone was home in both places so I spent nearly as much time talking as I did running.  At my first stop I got to meet Patricia's new dressage horse, a very friendly black beauty called "Slipper", just 3 years old.

"Slipper" & Me



I found the run hard and slow today.  The hills were taller than last time I ran there, and if that's a lie, the surface was truly terrible and that's no lie at all; a real rocky road on which I did not want to fall....again!

For today  :  11.8km
For the week : 3 sessions...27.6km

3 comments:

  1. Yes, something will always turn up. The 3-day event? Steeplechase? Hammer throw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to run, stopping to chat to friends and a gorgeous horse! I do hope you will have time to have a coffee with me if not on Thursday afternoon perhaps on Friday morning. Let me know when you arrive. I'll text you so you have my number. Would simply love to catch up with you as I can no longer catch you lol!

    ReplyDelete