Sunday, November 04, 2012

3rd Workout ~~~ Long Run

After not having run for two days, my legs were feeling quite sprightly this morning...a welcome change!  Normally, my long run would have been yesterday, Saturday.  Instead, I worked on my vegetable patch, ripping out old spinach and planting two different varieties of tomatoes, lettuce and sweet corn.  There's still space for more but I don't know what I want yet; baby spinach is good in summer salads.  I'll have a look around tomorrow.

Today's program :  11km (6:41 m/k)...I did 12km

I ran entirely in the Renwick streets which meant running up and down, across and back every single street and hill.  Great morning to be alive, out and about! 

 A group of about six teenagers, dressed in what I'd call rags, but which were probably the height of fashion for them, were taking advantage of the long downhills on their skateboards  As I approached, they with downcast eyes and frowns,  might well have been thinking :  Here comes an old spoilsport who's going to try moving us on.

 I wasn't and I didn't!  Instead I chatted about how impressed I was with their speed compared to mine etc.  Immediately, they were all smiles, told me about the falls they'd had and all the amazing things they try with their boards.  When they were leaving they gave a big wave good-bye and called out : "Have a good day!"  Never judge a book by its cover......how true!  They were nice kids just having fun.

12km run today.


12km in 84 minutes
Avg. Pace 7:00 m/k
7:02;  7:07;  7:08;  6:48;  6:43;  6:59; 7:12;  7:16;  7:07; 7:06;  7:05;  6:51 
AHR 76%;  MHR 85%.....finally replaced a broken strap!

For this week's 3 key workouts....26.8km (excluding XT)

Next Sunday....Fisher's Ghost 5km!  

Then, at 8:00 pm Thursday, Nov. 22 in Canberra, I'm running a track 5000m, optimistically hoping for a new Australian record W80, 5000m.  Cheeky!

1 comment:

  1. They recognised that you were just a nice kid having fun too. Saw Ruth this morning - she's looking forward to catching up with you when you're here for the 5000.

    ReplyDelete