Friday, December 14, 2012

Thursday's Late Edition ~~~ on Friday!

I was unable to write up Thursday's training because I made a very late decision  - while running truthfully - that I would get myself to this year's Cool Running Christmas drinks in Sydney.  I told myself - while running of course - that if I found accommodation for an overnight stay, I would be on the next train to Sydney, and I was and so very pleased that I made the effort to be there. The reservation was made at 2:pm. and I was on the 3:00pm train Sydney bound and ready for good night on the town...and it was exactly that!

I stayed as close to The Rocks area as I could afford!  That was Travelodge Wynyard, right by Wynyard Station and a short walk to Harts Pub where the Xmas drinks were being held.  It's some years since I last attended CR drinks and I couldn't help but notice how the numbers have become fewer than in earlier years.  Why have so many gone to Facebook never to return to Cool Running?  In years to come are we only going to meet friends and such like by looking at a screen and tapping away on a keyboard?  I don't know, hope not and won't be here to see it, thank goodness!  There's something so very special, I think, about being physically in the presence of family and friends, talking, laughing, sharing good food and drinks.  Pity if it goes the way of a lot of old, well-tried customs and the small screen and keyboard take their places...much as I love my computer, tablet and mobile phone!

Enough of these musings, but where else can I 'let it all out' if not here on my blog?  This way I don't have to bore or annoy others with my rambling thoughts.

Back to Thursday's run  ~~~

2km warm-up
Drills
6 x 150m 'all out' sprinting
5-10 min RI between each.

Renwick streets used :
2km warm-up + 6 drills
:37.9;  :38.1;  :40.8;  :42.7;  :40.9;  :38.3.
5 min RI
1km cool-down + stretches.

Now, if these weren't true sprints, they were certainly as fast as I could run and, at the same time, think about making important decisions like getting to Cool Running Christmas drinks! 

For Thursday....approx 4km.  ( Nil, today...in recovery mode!)


3 comments:

  1. Glad you made it there. I never did make a CR Christmas drinks - even in the old days when there were only about 25 people on CR!

    As long as they felt like sprints. Should feel like you're at maximum speed about 3/4 of the way through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's exactly how I felt....max speed 3/4 of way and in need of max recovery too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And how wonderful it was to see you there!

    Little did I know what would happen in my life in the next month ...

    ReplyDelete