Sunday, March 23, 2014

I Am Going.......

....No, not to the Lordie quite yet!  Last night I had a long talk to myself after being distraught for most of the day, that I'd try a 5km run this morning and if I went under 40 minutes I'd do Park Run 5km in Canberra, Saturday 29th; if I went over 40 minutes, I might just as well go to 'Lordie'!

I did a 1km warm-up starting at the school, where I asked the cows and goats to stay on their knees and pray....or I wouldn't come back to feed them later! 1km cool-down.

I had VP set for 7:00m/k, but knowing I probably wasn't going to win that one.....and I didn't. He finished 168m in front of me, damn!

So to cut a short story of a short run even shorter :

I went under 40 minutes!  38:28.

So, weather, physical and natural disasters permitting, I'll run Lake Gininnderra 5km this coming Saturday, 29th.  It's an important date for another reason as well :  next day, April 1st, I start the 18 weeks F.I.R.S.T. half marathon program.  Of course, it would be April Fool's Day, wouldn't it?

5km TT

Total 7km






No comments:

Post a Comment