Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Track With VP ~~~~~

Surprise, Surprise!  The forecast rain didn't happen and the sun was out!  In case a change was on the way, I was at Chevalier College track by 9:30 by which time the sun had gone, cloud and humidity set in.  VP was allowed to run again this morning and, having been beaten by him in last Thursday's tempo run, I was determined to keep him well in the background today!

Program :
10-20 min warm-up  (I did 1km & few strides)

4 x 1200m in 8:23 (6:59m/k)....based on 36 min  F.I.R.S.T. 5km time.

10 min cool-down (I did 1km + stretches)....

......and the results are : 
 8:22 (6:59m/k);    8:19 (6:56m/k);    8:12 (6:51m/k);    8:01 (6:41m/k).
YES....YES...YES....and YES!!!!

I ran with a close eye on VP and fast enough just to stay ahead, which turned out that I could have run each repeat faster as none of them felt at all like hard work!  I did push the last 1200m a bit though, a final crushing blow for Virtual Partner!

Today: 6.8km ...Hurray!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment