Sunday, March 06, 2005

5 Weeks to go!

With only 5 weeks remaining, there won't be too many more long runs!

Out this cold morning at 7:00 a.m., just the sort of day to do 42km; the usual Macquarie Pass road, taking the usual supply of food : sports drink, de-fizzed 'V', raisin bread & Nutella sandwich (only 1 today since I wasn't going as far as last week), dozens of snakes & one of the new (new in this far flung outpost!) ' Pria, Power Bars'; I suppose everyone has seen & tasted them; they're quite small & come in 2 flavours 'Chocolate Cookie Flavour' & 'French Vanilla Crisp'; really tasty & a vast improvement of those horrible big things that tasted like cardboard & used give me awful stomach cramps! At 21km ate sandwich & from then on, bit by bit, km by km, hill after hill...I got through the rest of the supplies. I'm starting to like taking lots of food & these simple goodies never tasted so good!

Have to mention how much difference, psychologically, it makes to have gone as far as 50km; the thought of 42km wasn't at all daunting : before leaving I said to Mr LL, "Only 42km today!" A bit nonchalant, I know, because it is a long way, especially the way I do it..(today, lengthened the walk breaks.....jog 1km/walk 2mins. ....time 5hrs 46mins. Next week will shorten the run & also the walk breaks & then hope to get 1 more long one in before the taper!!

This week I will omit the shorter runs, replacing them with deep water running (legs very tired tonight); keep the mid-week medium long run, take 3 rest days (I think!) & then go "long" on Sunday.

86km for this week.

And now it's good night from me & good night from a tired Chickybabe!

3 comments:

  1. One day,in my wildest dreams, I want to be able to do runs like that too. No chafing this time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your long runs Chickybabe. They sound so epic. Can visualise you treating yourself with your goodies the longer you go. Enjoy some well earnt rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. man I am in awe of how many long runs your are getting into your training. Great stuff LL.

    ReplyDelete