Monday, July 18, 2005

A Lazy Monday...20mins. jog.



I'm a very pleased Chickybabe because.......as of next Monday, July 25th, I'll be starting a program give to me by CR Wombatface! I think it's very brave of him to even attempt to do something to make me less slow & if it doesn't work, I'll know who to blame.....ME! He's a very knowledgeable wombat & knows what he's doing, which is more than I do.....still not able to run out of sight on a dark night, taking nearly 6hrs to finish a marathon, continually being directionally challenged (thanks Plu!), etc. etc...

I have the program for the next 2 months & each week consists of 3 'easy' runs; 1 'Time Trial' (a hard session); 1 'medium' pace run and 1 'long' run; 1 rest day + one of the 'easy' runs could be a second rest day if needed. A big change for me will be that each session is 'time on feet', not distance.

Anyhow, I'll continue to post each day's session, starting next Monday, & anyone who wants to pick up hints from our very kind & very wise CR wombat, need look no further!

5 comments:

  1. Love the chickybabe LL! Sounds like you've got a good program - from what I've heard Wombat knows his stuff! Will be interested to read how you're going with the new program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great plan LL. I'm looking forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wholeheartedly agree with the time on feet rather than distance plans. They worked really well for me when I was a bit more serious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sun & the warmth will soon return (I hope)! Good luck with the new style program, a change can be as good as a holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your supportive comments in my blog, makes all the difference. Your new programme sounds like it will be good and it will be interesting to read how you get on with it. Looking forward to seeing you again at the C2S. Do you want somewhere to stay the night before?

    ReplyDelete