Saturday, March 24, 2012

Last of the Really Long Runs!

20km in 2 loops (12k+8k)
Workout #3.....

Program : 20km @ 7:34 m/k.

I ran 12km loop on Diamond Fields Road and an 8km loop in and out, up and down, the streets of Renwick.
It was truly a wintery start with icy cold winds blowing but the clear blue skies almost made up for that!  I felt quite good during the 20km though I was glad to finally get in out of the wind : 12km loop had me back at the start where I stopped for a gel and water before doing the last 8km. 

20km in 2:29:34
Avg. Pace 7:28 m/k
5km splits :    38:02;   37:16;   38:41;   35:31. 

39.4km for the week.
 

3 comments:

  1. The windchill temp down here was 6C! Hope that's not a sign that winter's going to be early and cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to be positive, cold is preferable to heat once you get going...for me anyhow!

      Delete
    2. I agree - it's really hard to run fast in the heat whereas once you warm up you can run to keep warm in the cold! That was an excellent time for your 20km. It's looking good for Canberra. I'm so looking forward to catching up - it's been ages:)

      Delete