Friday, March 09, 2012

A False Start.....

No start at all for my Garmin.....I must have left it turned on for over 24 hours.  When I tried the 'on' button at the school where I start, I realized the battery was flatter than a tack.   For a few seconds I felt completely bothered and bewildered!  How was I to do a tempo session knowing neither distance nor pace?  Decision made : go the same route as previous tempo runs and feel for the pace.  I did this but how successfully I'll  never know!

The program was :  8km
                                 2km warm-up
                                 5km @ 6:40m/k
                                 1 km cool-down.

In reality what I did was use my mobile phone where I could see the time and did a 10 min warm-up, ran fairly hard for 35 min in the same location as last week and then a cool-down jog back to the car.  I think this was pretty much how I would have run had the Garmin been working....hope so; if not, not much I can do about it!

2 comments:

  1. That's clever. Who said you can't teach an old phone new tricks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me chuckle, Ewen! Glad you said 'old phone' and not 'old phonie'!

    ReplyDelete