Tuesday, June 26, 2012

There Are No Words.....

....to adequately express how absolutely awful this morning's track session turned out to be, neither do I have a vocabulary extensive enough to describe it, so I'm going to turn to my Thesaurus for help and copy just a few of the words that come somewhere close to my feelings :  mental (and physical) suffering, pain, dolor, discomfort, discontent, dejection,weariness, vexation of spirit and 'the iron entered into my soul'....whatever that means I'm sure it happened! - and that's just a vague idea of how I felt!

This all comes about from the program asking -  demanding - that I (at 82 y.o.a.) do the following session:

10-20 min warm-up
1.5k in 8:07.1;  5:24m/k...for God's sake!  (400m RI)
3.5km in 18:39.4; 5:47m/k..... for heaven's sake! (800m RI)
2 x 800m in 4:39 each; 5:48m/k....for Pete's sake! (400m RI)
10 min cool down.


As if all that wasn't bad enough, the day was cold and dreary; no sun, no cheer!  I had to go to McMillan for times to run 1.5 and 3.5kms...FIRST doesn't have them on their chart.   So why ask me to run them, for goodness sake!

The results, after making a near heart-stopping effort to comply with instructions, are :

1.5km in 9:16.5; avg pace 6:11m/k
3.5km in 22:28.3; avg pace 6:25m/k
800m in 4:53
800m in 4:50

With warm-up, cool-down + stretches.....10km 


Tomorrow, I will be (using Thesaurus again!) : inactive, passive, conservative and abstain from all action... So Let It Be!

All that aside....it was a good, hard workout!

3.5k track/block!
 

3 comments:

  1. 'Dolor' is a great word. Thanks for that!

    I think it means you tripped over an iron with the soul of your shoe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd have the best interpretation, Ewen! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. At 82 years of age, you're an inspiration!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete