Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Out of the Woods.......

As well as leaving pride and skin on the trail when I had my most spectacular fall on Saturday, I think I left a little bit of confidence behind as well.  All weekend I felt jittery and mistrustful going up and down steps and a few qualms were setting in about going out running again.....running anywhere, let alone back to Diamond Fields Road. 

I'll be hanged if was I going to allow that suspicion take hold, so I put on my rain jacket this morning and set out to walk to Renwick, about ten minutes from home.  Of course, once there I couldn't help but go into a slow fox-trot just to see if all the limbs were doing what limbs should be doing....and they were!  No sign of sore bits, not even stiffness.  I'm realizing now, after seeing my GP, just how fortunate I was not to have done serious damage to lip, life and limbs!  My GP checked my mouth inside and out and all is healing remarkably well in just the two days since I bit the dust.  I was very fortunate not to have broken something; whiplash being common in that type of sudden fall.  The lip, by the way, has reduced from XL to L to Medium and expected to be Normal by tomorrow!

For today  :   45 minutes incl. a little jogging!

I'll probably do easy  runs each day this week until the weekend......by then I should be able to take on Range Road and the thrill of its hills! No spills!  Pfft!  Easy!

Stay fit everyone, keep running, bones strong....it all pays off when misfortune strikes....... especially when you're not a youngster anymore!




2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you've got the 'all clear' from the doc. At least if you trip on Range Rd you can dive into the soft grass on the verge ;)

    Better still, take care and don't do anymore CJs, Ruths or LLs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...or any Ewen half cartwheels! I never do things by halves anyway!

    ReplyDelete