Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Staying Inside!

Though it's not quite as cold as yesterday, it's still cold at 7 degrees and misty but, thankfully, no wind.  Just the same, I decided not to go out for some cross-training; instead I put on a Pilates for Runners DVD that I haven't done in ages, so not surprisingly what used be easy, today I found quite difficult :  every body part stiff and inflexible!  I will make more use of this session in future, especially when the weather is so forbidding for anything outdoors.  Also, a few FIRST strength exercises, all of which could be done inside.

I took Amy and Oscar for their walk ....bad weather doesn't worry them at all and they scurried off on their usual tracks in the Renwick paddock while I reluctantly followed.  I was surprised at how wet we became in a light mist which meant they both had a rub down with heated towels when back home.  I think they go out in bad weather knowing what luxury awaits them on return!

Tomorrow, no matter what, I have a tempo run to do, so here's hoping it warms up and fines up.  If not.......the run is still on!

I've decided against travelling to Sydney for the Suncorp 10km.  I intended catching the 4:00am train, but find that on line 'early bird' entries close this Friday;  too soon for me, so I'll let it go and continue training for the ACTVAC Half Marathon in August.

 HUH!  The sun just came through for a second....but now it's gone again...hmm!  At least it's trying!

2 comments:

  1. The sun came out to offer you a brief view of the transit of Venus. None of us will be around for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speak for yourself, Ewen! I'm not going anywhere, anytime!

    ReplyDelete