Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Easy cross-training... And a New Look!

Renwick streets again for some cross-training which, luckily, is on my program for a Wednesday.

1km jog to warm-up
1 set Magill drills & strides
3km easy running. 
About 45minutes altogether.

This was all fine and an easy way to restart the program.  All should be good for tomorrow's tempo run, some more light cross-training on Friday and a long, hilly run up on Range Road for Saturday.  That means I've only missed one key workout since "the fall"

Talking of which............for a change, a not unpleasant surprise this morning when I looked in the mirror -  nevertheless, I'm thinking of smashing  the lot  -  to see a yellowish bruise across the bridge of my nose and stretching half way across under each eye.  I quite like the look actually!  Together with 'the lip', it gives an unusual and weirdly exotic appearance that I've never had before!  A quick Google tells me the next range of colours I can expect to see is a bluish-purple or black, then green or yellow and finally yellow-brown or light brown all of which should make for fascinating viewing, unless I smash the mirrors first!

The Google description has a disappointing conclusion, however, by adding : finally after two weeks it should fade away.  Sadly then, in a short space of time, I will lose my strangely unusual appearance!

What next, I might ask?

2 comments:

  1. When the bruises get to a colour you like, have them tattooed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too hilarious! Stop it! My lip hurts if I laugh!

      Delete