Thursday, June 28, 2012

Tempo Run.....

Another cold, overcast day with not even one sunny break.  The session was a little brighter than the weather!

2km warm-up
5km @ 6:25m/k
1km cool-down

5km in 32:43.1
1km splits  :  6:34;  6:22;  6:51 (oops!);  6:26;  6:28 

This was OK, hard but not uncomfortably so.  The thing that bothers me is : can I run a faster pace than that for the entire half marathon distance?  I think/plan to try Saturday's long run of 21km at what I hope will be at PHMP, in which case I think/plan to use all the streets in Renwick where the course would be similar to the one used in the ACTVAC half in August.  I want to find out, sooner rather than later, if I can do it without 'dying' towards the finish!

Nothing more till Saturday.

Total....8km

No comments:

Post a Comment