Friday, April 05, 2013

Tempo Run ~~~

Rain and mist just slightly more of each today compared with yesterday,  fined up at the turnaround mark but another grey day ahead.  I decided against running on the track at Chev because of the weather and instead ran on Old South Road which is a lovely area except for the bends around which it's almost impossible to see or hear the occasional approaching and speeding car or truck.  More than once I had to stop and hop off the road into the wet grass.  The road has its fair share of hills and long inclines, especially between 4th and 5th kilometre and again the last kilometre....uphill all the way.....as slowing pace reflects!

Program  :  8km run @ MT Pace (6:56/k based on 33min 5k)

Old South Road


8km in 58:15
7:40;  7:04;  6:41;  6:37;  7:19;  7:09;  7:34;  8:09
Avg. Pace 7:17
AHR 114 (72%);  MHR 130 (82%)

I had VP set but didn't look at all!  Just ran as best I could considering the weather, the hilly course and care of approaching cars.  Started and finished at the school where I stopped for some stretching and a chat with some of the staff after my run.   I can stroll in at any time and always made feel welcome.

I'm thinking of driving to Canberra on Saturday, 13th, to do another 5km Park Run at Lake Ginninderra and redeem my last disappointing effort.  It's also the Canberra Marathon weekend, which I'd forgotten about until Ewen reminded me,  but I don't suppose that would make any difference to Park Run.  I think I'll still go.

For today.....8km

No comments:

Post a Comment