Monday, May 06, 2013

A New Day ~~~ Another Start!

I thought that I might not enjoy my first run in 10 days and that it would be hard going.  Well, I did and it wasn't!  I really felt good; admittedly, it was slow but the new Higdon program that I began today stipulates that these easy  runs are to be kept to a certain heart rate ... 65-75% of MHR.  I did that and only walked a few seconds a couple of times when HR went over 80%.  (Spell check suggested I change 'Higdon' to 'Ding-Dong'....funny one!)

Weather good for being out in  :  cool to cold with a very light mist.

Program : Easy 5km +Strength
5km @ 65-75% of MHR

Easy 5km


2 drills and strides
5km in 39 min.
AHR 70%;   MHR 81% 
Stretches.

Strength :  from FIRST program :will be the same each time.
Leg Squats, Single Leg Squats, Walking lunges, push-ups (!), calf raises.

I was a very happy snail this morning!   Hills tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment