Saturday, May 18, 2013

At "Pace" Run ~~~

Higdon's "Pace" runs are meant to be run at the pace you wish to run the half marathon; in other words 'race pace'.  To finish in 2:20 - and I'd like to do better than that  - I'd need to run 6:36m/k.  Easy?  Not today!!
Big improvement in the weather : strong winds lessened to cold but not so strong as for the past few days this week.

“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.”
Albert Camus
~~~ Lovely old maple in school grounds ~~~

I started at the Highlands School, to Bong Bong Road and Renwick streets where I chose to run back and forth on all the hilly streets just to make it more difficult!  Running in one direction down hills I had the wind behind me; returning uphill not so good into the cold wind and this gave V.P. the lead which he never lost, returning to the school more than 100m ahead of me!  Still....there's time for me to improve!

......through the branches ~~

Program:
5km at 'Pace'

 
5km @ Pace

Few drills
5km in 34:10
6:38;  7:00;  6:43;  6:59;  6:49
Stretches
Avg. pace 6:50
AHR 82%

Today ~~~ 5km

No comments:

Post a Comment