Sunday, July 23, 2006

Day 8 - A Hard Day!


A TEMPO RUN.....4Km.

Ewen called in on his way back from Cambewarra & the afternoon session started at about 1:30p.m. at Ironmines Oval.

I wonder if others find everything harder when you know someone is watching! Well, I did! The addition of a sore throat - start of a head cold - did nothing to lighten my steps either!

Using bottles & tins that had been left on the grounds from the previous day- why, oh why do people do that? - Ewen marked out, with his Garmin (I'll have mine tomorrow, Monday!) an oval shape to run around...for me to run around while he observed my terrifyingly 'goof' form! Just as I started there were several huge blasts of thunder, which is why my first lap was the fastest!

Eleven times I had to do it! 4.07km in 26:35. Verdict : "Not bad". So I snatched the piece of paper out of his hand & said "Pedantic bastard!"

Moving nicely along.....hills came next!


We both thought I did these quite well, though I did need reminders about pushing off, lifting knees & using the arms. I think I did 4 on this hill..........
and then one more on an even steeper & longer slope. And then down came the rain, just in time for a coffee break; drove a couple of minutes into town to an excellent cafe "Gilberts" & piled the calories on with a large slice of cake each : mine, Fig & Almond; Ewen, Quince & Almond; both served with a big dollop of fresh cream! It was heavenly!

We talked for ages.......but the training session hadn't finished yet! I wanted Ewen to go over the Form Drills with me & because it was still raining, we used the pavement outside the shops in a side street under shelter! Now, if you do them like Ewen, you have no need to worry about people passing by; but when I do them it's a different sight altogether.... scary enough for people to give a wide berth to the footpath & what looked very much like an inebriated Hippopotamus!

....and so we called it a day ................ and it was a very good day!

3 comments:

  1. WOW LL - you sure know how to get the most out of your personal trainer. Stuff him full of cake and then get him to show you drills....hmmm....novel approach.

    I bet you were happy to see him though. Welcome back Ewen - time to whip Ms LL back into shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's dedication, doing your form drills under shop awnings. The whole of the town must think you are a little crazy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That should be...an inebriated and very spunky hippopotanus ;-)

    Great workout anyway, LL.

    ReplyDelete