Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Day 11 - A Hard Day.

Short Speed: " Diagonals"




At Renwick soccer field, a lot of which was very soggy! So was my head...with a heavy cold!

Program : 10 minutes warm-up jog & stretches. Stationary Form Drills (which I did with very goof form!).

Diagonals - Run hard (goof form of course!) corner to corner; very slow jog across field; do 4 'diagonals - rest & stretch 3 to 5 minutes & repeat twice (so, 12 diagonals in total). HR not to go over 95% of max. & take HR before each diagonal.
Warm-down.

I'd never done a session like this before & it's always fun trying something new, so I enjoyed it a lot, except........ for sloshing through the swampy sections & sneezing & coughing & nose blowing!

Heart Rate did not reach 90% of max during any of the diagonals & I recorded (for prosterity & Ewen) my heart rate just before starting each diagonal.

I didn't take Mr G-armin with me in case I was distracted from the session by looking at his handsome dial! I need to get to know him a lot better before 'going out together"!

2 comments:

  1. Goofness me! Who thought of diagonals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are going to have so much fun with Mr G-armin. But I hope you don't plan to replace all of your lovely pics with those Garminny ones!!!

    ReplyDelete