Thursday, July 13, 2006

Day 7 - A Slightly Hard Day.






I discovered a new oval/soccer field today & it's taken me 13 years to find it! There it was on the other side of the highway from the grassy knoll that Ewen had decided was 'near perfect' for hill repeats. It's called "Ironmines Oval", is perfect & even has some historical interest as well.

I left at 11:30a.m. in the warmer part of a day with temperatures ranging from -1 to 10 degrees.


The oval has fairly steep grassy slopes along the whole of one side....just right for running up -
with good form! - and walking down.

Program : 10 minutes warm-up. Stretches. 3 sets of 4 repeats.
Warm-down. Stretches.

I Did : 4 sets of 4 repeats!

By pretending that Ewen is watching, I keep goof form!


Feeling so goof, I ran these steps....once only!

I didn't feel at all like setting out today - had to push & talk myself into it - but I was so glad I did or I would have missed out on seeing, feeling & being part of another beautiful day.

4 comments:

  1. Since when does Ewen prescribe "slightly hard"? Next time he races I will ask him if it felt slightly hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you would have seen the oval when you went up flying last time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those photos LLs, helps me visualise just how "slight hard" those efforts are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me speedygeoff, races always feel "incredibly hard"!

    I would prescribe "slightly hard" for 'form sessions' in that the benefit comes from constantly repeating the goof form so the brain and muscles remember it.

    When one's form becomes very goof the session could become harder. I believe there's no benefit in running 'hard' with bad form - especially for middle distance runners such as LLs.

    ReplyDelete