Thursday, November 23, 2006

Day 4 - I'm Dancing As Fast As I Can.........









.........as well as runing as fast as I can!

Program : Chev Track .......

2km warm-up @ 75% of MHR.
Drills, Rest, 3 x strides.....................all done!

2 Sets of 2 x 400m.
3 minutes between reps. & full recovery (I took 15 mins.) between Sets.

Warm-down : jog/walk 800m.

Advice from Ewen: "Start out fairly hard in first 200m of each 400 to test possible limits. Try for 2:10 or faster. I like this bit of advice... If you "blow up", recover & try again."

"Bloody hell," I thought, "this is "Killer McCoy" talking!"

Set 1. 2:10..7; 2:09.8

Set 2. 2:04.8; 2:05.4

I have never, ever run 400m in under 2:10 so I assume that is why I was "clinically dead" during the 1st minute of each 3 minute rest! I didn't "blow up", but I thought I was about to in the first 400m and there was a feeble jog to end that one. All the others were horribly hard, but I did exactly what Ewen said.... though I'd like to think..... "I Did It My Way"!






7 comments:

  1. So that's a PB then! In fact two PBs!! Fantastic stuff LL.

    Glad you didn't 'blow up', it would've been a bit messy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief, you're one tough chickybabe - no doubt about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I disagree Cirque - it should be speedy tough chickybabe ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work, LL.

    You gotta take whatever PBs you can get, so well done!

    Cheers,
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're running so well lately LL. Can't wait to see you back on the track next week. Guess what - you have been spotted! I have been told to tell you that you now have to try 'throwing' - someone has their eye on you and thinks you should give it a go so just do it! You could set a new record in something quite new altogether on the track next Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are absolutely sizzling at the moment Chickybabe. You seem to have taken to track like a duck to water.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me, throwing?? Throwing who or what? The only throwing I've ever done is a rare 'throwng up'!

    But hey, I'm game for any other kind!

    ReplyDelete