Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Day 2 - If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Chev Track....



....and no wonder I've already used 1 can of white spray paint, walked round & round, this way then that way, on the only closely mowed strip of grass i.e. the outside line of Lane 8, with Mr G-armin on my arm, in order to measure & mark 400m and 150m distances!

Program : Warm-up 2.4km @ 75% of MHR.

Drills, Rest, 3 x Strides.

2 Sets of 4 x 150m about 40 seconds each, with good form & no need to "bust a gut"!

2 minute recoveries & 5-7 minutes between Sets.

Then......1 Set of 2 x 150m...again, no need to "bust a gut"!

800m jog/walk warm-down.

So hot here today -35 degrees - I was out of bed at the ghastly early hour of 8:00 a.m. & on the track by the equally vile time of 8:30a.m. to avoid the worst of the heat to follow.

After the warm-up, drills, rest, strides :

Set 1. 42.08; 41.6; 42.5; 39.6

Set 2. 41.1; 40.5; 40.1; 39.9

Set 3. (2x150m) 39.1; 38.2

Warm-down : 800m walk/jog/SMS Ewen...I usually do!

No problems with this session/enjoyed it...I usually do!

After such an 'early' start & with most of the day still ahead, I sat in the shade of a long line of old pine trees for about 15 minutes....doin' nothin', not even thinkin', just watchin' the clouds roll by!



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog LL. I am recovered (I wouldn't say 'fully' but I'm getting there). Unfortunately I won't be at track this week because its our youngest son's birthday but hopefully next time you come down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good session LL and now I'm afraid I have some bad news. I said I would be at track and completely forgot that on Thursday night from 5.30pm we have our office client Christmas party and as I'm one of the Managers I'm compelled to attend. I am deeply disappointed and cross with myself for stuffing up the dates - dammit I would much rather come to see you at track. I'm sooooo sorry! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, 'early start'. On my days off I'm ready to go back to bed by then after a training session. I can't wait to retire!

    When I was checking the Met Bureau site today I noticed it was quite warm in your part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely morning - especially the sitting under trees bit ;-)

    ReplyDelete