Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Day 2 - Some Like It Hot......







.....but not 35 degrees as it is today!

The alarm was set for 6:30 a.m. after hearing what a stinker it was to be today. Up for a cup of coffee, then over to Chev track.

Program: 2.4km warm-up, Drills, Stretches, 3x Strides.

4 Sets of 150m (avg. 39 seconds).

2 minute walk recoveries & 5 minutes between sets.

Set 1. 39.6; 37.9; 38.3

Set 2. 38.7; 38.5; 38:0

Set 3. 39.5; 37.8; 38.6

Set 4. 40.6; 38.1; 38.3

Average = 38.6

This session was different from other Tuesday track days & Ewen had told me it was going to be a hard one. I didn't find it any harder than what I usually do at Tuesday's track, so .....either Ewen was trying to scare me or.....I didn't try hard enough! Time (i.e. later tonight) will tell.

The program Ewen has formulated for me & which he changes from time to time, sits perfectly with me, (my age!) and capabilities.....whatever they are! Six months, no sign of injury, always challenging, often tough; never having to do it half-heartedly or sloppily when difficulty & intensity increase (except once when he was watching sloppy drills and I felt the sting of his wrath!). At the same time I/we have proof in recent racing events that my level of running has improved markedly since the day he kindly "took me under his wing"! Thanks Ewen!

1 comment:

  1. It sure was warm out there today LL - well done ;-)

    ReplyDelete