Saturday, January 13, 2007

In My Next Life......


...In another life I want to be a bug!

I'm sure some of them are impervious to heat, but this old chickybabe isn't!

The Program: 800m race, AIS Track, ACTVAC, Canberra, 11th January.

This was an attempt at the 800m National Record, W75-79. I missed the record, but managed to come up with a PB of 15 seconds for that distance. I'm more than thrilled with that result!

Conditions on the night were pretty awful : 38 degrees at 7:00 p.m....that's why I want to come back as a bug, have another crack at the record & just fly around the track & not be affected by the weather!

I felt like I was about to die when I finished : legs lactic, lungs bursting, throat on fire & coughing like a consumptive! I've had that coughing/about to throw up feeling after 800m before. It's not very nice & what's worse, it lasts for several hours. ....unable to stop coughing! Strange or natural?

It'll take all of this weekend for my body to cool down & freshen up to begin some training next week, so I'll continue to watch tennis & just enjoy the break.

A great 2 days in Canberra : thanks to Flash Duck, AKI, Strewth, PRB & Ewen in particular & all whom I met at the track who as usual always make me feel so welcome.

A very special "thank you" to all my Blogging friends here, who left comments of support - when I read them I got quite a big lump in my throat! Now I wonder what that could be caused by!!

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations on such a huge PB LL - well earnt and well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you've recovered LL, and well done on the PB! It was hot that night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huuuuge congrats on the PB LL! That's a fantastic result 38 degrees or no 38 degrees.

    Looks like you were in very good hands down there. What a lovely bunch those Canberrans are :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a HUUUGE PB in such difficult conditions Chickybabe. You never cease to amaze us with your endless determination and energy. Enjoy the recovery.

    All our love. H&B

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) I had no idea that was a pb -why didn't you say so?

    Oh yeah, you were catching your breath, now I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow LL, how fantastic! That was a stinking hot night and I know you were disappointed at the time but in spite of all that you achieved a huge PB. Well done! It was just so lovely to catch up with you and I'll look forward to seeing you in Canberra again in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing way to face a race and set a PR.
    You are doing just as you said some months ago: no reason to keep improving :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the PB Norma. Just think next time in a bit cooler weather the time may fall. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes coughing for hours afterwards is normal on a hot summers night in Canberra, if you run fast enough. You ran fast enough!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so amazing LL. Congratulations on the PB. 15 seconds over 800M is incredible and in that heat. You just keep pulling those rabbits out of the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What Eddie said... except for the last sentence. I knew you'd be running out of sight on a hot night.

    Have an easy week, and goof luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations LL, an awesome result in very tough conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  13. When i read what the temp was, I was hoping you wouldn't melt :) but instead you scorched your time. Congrats on the PB. Your hard work is bringing rewards.

    TA

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great stuff LL, a PB!!!

    I would class the 800m the hardest race of all races under 42.2km to race to the best of your ability!

    I look forward to hearing about your next PB over the 800 distance in the coming month!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the PB LL under such difficult conditions!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's fantastic LL! Very inspiring to see you achieving PBs under those conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't want to be a bug. I want to be LL :-)

    Gnome

    ReplyDelete