Thursday, January 04, 2007

It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time.........



.......but not so sure when I saw 'the grass was as high as an elephant's eye' at Chev Track this morning....and wet. I'll have to write to the School Board to get my oval mowed!

Program: Medium Speed.

Warm-up 2km. Few drills. 3xStrides.

2 Sets of 5 x 150m 'hard' : 38-40 seconds.

2:20 between repeats & 5-7 mins. between Sets. 800m Warm-down.

Set 1. 41.8; 39.9; 38.7; 39.0; 38.8

Set 2. 40.0; 38.7; 38.7; 38.9; 38.6

Conditions considered, these times were OK ...... for someone being chased by "Father Time"!

5 comments:

  1. Well you must still be ahead of him if he is chasing you Chickybabe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... an' it looks like it's climbin' clear up to the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are heading down to Canberra and maybe I will see you before you see this but I wanted to say Happy New Year to you and to thank so much for everything you do - in just being you - that inspires all of us to keep going with this running thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realise that you was a Nike Free wearer. How are they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nike "Free" is my favourite trainer, spark driver...so much so that I wear them just about every run now & I've been more 'free' of niggles than with any other shoe!

    Some days I make myself wear other trainers because I feel guilty having spent so much money on new ones recently & then leave them sitting pretty on the shelf!

    I'm up to my 2nd pair of "Frees", but still wear the original old ones if the weather is bad. Nowadays, I'm not running distances over 12km...just short stuff!

    ReplyDelete