Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Leap Into 2007.......



..........began today! It was to have been a track session at Chev but torrential rains put an end to that one. Instead, I "stole" a training session from Ewen's blog, but had to use the gym treadmill. I think it worked quite well...we'll see/hear later!

Program: 5km Time Trial.

Warm-up : 2km; no drills or strides.......Oooops! Here comes trouble with a capital "T"!

Warm-down : 1km jog/walk

Time = 31:02

Max. HR = 94%/145bpm; Avg. HR = 85%/ 132bpm; Lowest HR = 47%/73bpm (according to Mr G-armin).

I'd forgotten to look at the handboodk to see if Mr G-armin needed anything special in order to work indoors & on a treadmill. As a result, for whatever reasons, he didn't give me the splits for each km; a bit annoying because I wanted to compare mine with Ewen's! I think I would have been faster, but suppose I should check it out to make sure!!

Edit: Courtesy of Ewen : On the treadmill I wasn't moving.... I was running on the spot. I just didn't think of that! No wonder Mr G-armin didn't perform as expected & Ewen was subtle enough to suggest that the my new streaky hairdo might be getting to me!

6 comments:

  1. That would be right - I go way and you come to Canberra!!! Its a shame I'll miss you this time but I will enjoy the break up in warmer climes. Take care and enjoy your break in Canberra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL LL - I don't know about "streaky" - sounds more like a blond moment to me :-)

    You know they do make a footpod for Garmins now for such occasions...

    Happy New Year LL - I look very much forward to following your journey in '07.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best for '07 LL! Sorry I haven't been around the blogs much to check in on folk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if you can get them yet, but Garmin are going to be producing a foot pod that you can use for indoor exercise - a bit like the Polar ones I guess

    A Google earth map for the tready run would have been interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Garmin story made my morning! I loved it :-)

    Happy New Year and I will continue to follow what your up to :-)

    take care and run safely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Chickybabe. I wonder what the course profile looked like. That is a very good time for a 5km TT. You are certainly running out of sight these days.

    ReplyDelete