Sunday, January 07, 2007

One Sunday Afternoon.......


.....after a friendly 'chat' with this young fellow, I was at nearby Renwick soccer field to do some 100m pace practice.

Program : Changed from the usual long run to running some 100m (30 seconds) & 50m (15 seconds) at a smooth, even pace; some to start from stationary & others from a running (10-15m) start.

This session was my idea. Ewen's response when I suggested it was : "You are smarter than you look!"
I could hardly argue against that!

I did LOTS of these in the given times; took rest breaks after each 4 & during the rain showers; stopped when my legs began to feel very tired, but probably only ran 2 or 3 km all together. This session was in preparation for ACTVAC 800m, next Thursday night, AIS track.

Said good-bye to the little calf & went home for a nana nap!

1 comment: