Sunday, March 25, 2007

Struck all of a heap.....








....for the encouraging thoughts & comments left on this lonely blog during the past 2 weeks! "May your shadow never be less".



The story so far: the worst came to the worst on Thursday, March 8 at the ACTVAC mile race for which, bloody hell, with wizard Ewen's help, I'd trained hard for months to do well in! Instead, 48 hours later I was off to hospital by ambulance. After lots of lovely tests (which I sorely miss!!)...all results clear except for some inflammation, following weeks of fearful bowel problems, leaving me anally retentive!



Another week passed waiting for a new broadband modem from Telstra who, for some reason unknown to man, or Telstra for that matter, had given me a new user name without telling me & had 2 inactive accounts in my name! I could have "danced all night" or waited all year had I not called their 'Help Line' & found out what was, or was not, going on.



Anyhoo...(as 2P says & I like it!)....looking on the bright side: training resumes tomorrow, for the SMH Half Marathon on May 20. Thanks Ewen, for another one of the best:-


Week 1 (of 8):


Monday: 35 minutes easy run.


Tuesday: 70 minutes easy run.


Wednesday: 35 minutes easy run.


Thursday: Walk + Strides.


Friday: Track


Saturday: Rest.


Sunday: 70 minutes easy run.

5 comments:

  1. Its so good to have you out of hospital and back in Blogsville!

    No rest for the wicked by the looks of this weeks pgm :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back LL. Looks like Ewen has your work cut out for you. All the best for you SMH campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back!

    Wonderful to have you back on CR & on the road. You have been missed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are ready and rearing to go:-).

    Hope the health continues to be good.

    TA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good that your'e back to running.

    It's great to see those green fields of home (photos) again and again.

    ReplyDelete