Thursday, August 23, 2007

Rest or.......

1. Program : Rest .......or drills & strides in the soccer field.

Ironmines Oval : 5km.

I did a bit of both.....about 40 minutes low heart rate run (105-113/70%-75%) followed by 25 minutes drills etc... down came the rain, hurried home & made some Low GI Banana and Nut Cookies, which no one else gets to eat! Recipe: Ingredients
4 ripe bananas
150g soy/soya flour
80g wholemeal flour
2 googies (!)eggs
3 tablespoons olive oil (Extra Virgin, of course!)
Half teaspoon baking powder
25g cashew nuts
25g raisins

1. Mash all 4 bananas in a small bowl using a fork, then transfer to a larger cooking bowl. If you want to have less washing up you can mash the bananas in the large bowl but, you will find it a lot harder work!

2. Slowly mix the soy & wholemeal flour & baking powder into the bananas causing the mixture to thicken.

3. Mix in the eggs & olive oil to form a smooth paste.

4. Add the cashews & raisins & gently mix them in.

5. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper & lightly grease. Using 2 spoons transfer six (I make 12 smaller ones!) large scoops of the mixture onto each baking tray. Cook for 15 minutes in an oven preheated to 190 degrees C/380 degrees F Gas.

Manna in the wilderness!!






2 comments:

  1. I think I might have to make these cookies while BB is away - then I can have them all to myself! They sound yummy, for some reason I never thought of bananas being as cookie flavour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I have one by e-mail, or post the aroma by e-mail, and then don't worry about sending one.

    ReplyDelete