Tuesday, May 05, 2009

My Right Foot.....

....has got help at last!

I saw my GP ( the best in the whole world!) yesterday. Knowing the SMH was coming up soon, she rang a Sports Podiatrist & I saw him same afternoon. After at least 90 minutes of studying my feet & standing & walking every which way, I came away with semi-rigid orthotics under which he has placed various pieces of 'something' that will support my arch, lower the metatarsals & relieve pressure underneath my foot. He was more than surprised to see that I have 2 entirely different feet! Perhaps one belongs to someone else!

This might be a temporary measure so as to make running possible & less painful over the next 2 weeks & through the Half Marathon. It could be the permanent fix' I need, but only time & more running will tell. Today's run was short, so not able to judge until I run longer, but today was just about pain free.

Program : 6km 'lower aerobic @ 75% of MHR.

3km from the car with AHR 70%; MHR 80%.
3km return with AHR 76%; MHR 83%.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow's track session.

1 comment: