Friday, June 12, 2009

Yesterday & Today.....

Yesterday, a terrible 10km run!
I felt awful & tired from start to finish. Terribly windy afternoon run & I hate running in the p.m. but shopping had to done first. Traffic on Old South Road was terrifyingly fast, necessitating hopping off the road & standing until speeding cars went by. I wore the new Asics 2140 which I bought in Sydney at the time of the SMH Half Marathon. They felt very restrictive & heavy & the ball of my right foot was screaming all the way! I took several walk breaks because of the pain in this foot. Seeing a Podiatrist but getting nowhere so far.

Today, 16 x 100m strides....a much better day.
I always enjoy this sort of session : short, fast (?), on grass & done with!
After 2km warm-up, a few drills.
16 x 100m : slowest 33 seconds; fastest 25 seconds.
2km warm-down; stretches.

Total both days 16km.

1 comment:

  1. A nice light session those strides, happy to hear that the foot wasn't as annoying in the strides!

    ReplyDelete