Monday, December 06, 2010

Ready, Set, GO!

Image by FlamingText.com


I saw Mr Orthopaedic Surgeon this morning and got the go ahead  to resume all activities BUT....to be guided by any pain in my knee as it can take up to 12 weeks to heal completely and mine has been only 4 weeks tomorrow.  He said there's no reason why I shouldn't live till I'm 100!  Very nice as long as I can keep on doing what I'm doing!    What a lovely man!

I've ruled out any marathon, certainly for the first half of 2011, but if I can get out on the road and track by early January and begin my 18 week half marathon program I should be ready for the SMH Half Marathon in May and hopefully another in Canberra the same month or later; so two halves make a whole!

A Happy Outcome Indeed!

5 comments:

  1. Great news Norma. See you back on the road soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SF! Hope to be ready to go for he SMH half in May. No marathon for at least the first half of 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting news! You're good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He should have said you'll be running strong after you reach 100, and setting all sort of records to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, Friar! I'll make an appointment just to tell him that!

    ReplyDelete