Monday, March 14, 2011

Before I Get Too Old to Dream!




....I'd better write up my last run and then forget it!


It was Sunday's long run and I found it a real stinker!  Not the weather; that was OK though a bit warm by the time I finished; not even the distance should have been a problem, but it became a significant one for the last 8km of a total of 24km.  At 16km I could have finished happily but by that time I was back at the school where I started, and there were still 8kms to go.


I hadn't intended to be there until I'd finished the whole 24km, but I had this terrible burning in the ball of my right foot- I get this often in long runs -  and had to remove my shoe to ease the pain, so I decided to finish 8km bare foot on the grass.  The grass was sheer magic but my body wouldn't co-operate; why I found this 8km sheer hell, I don't know! Why I thought I would collapse, I don't know.  Why I had to go to bed for several hours, I do know....ageing might be why!  Why I found 24km so difficult, I don't know!  It's not that far considering the distances I ran last year for Blackmores Marathon in Sydney.


Fortunately no one was around to hear the gasping for breath  -  I need one of those things Ewen has started using!  -  the moaning and groaning that accompanied me around and around and around and around that damned field for 8kms!  Even 8kms isn't that far, so why it all fell apart, I don't know.  I was just plain bloody exhausted!


Anyhow.....I feel fine today and had a rest from all running.


Here's Sunday's Run:
Program :
24km @ 7:30 min/km


Results:  24km
Time = 3 hr 8 min!
Avg pace = 7:51 min/km
AHR 114 (72%);  MHR 130 (82%)  (I have a new HR strap and transmitter that works!)
5km laps = 39:52;  37:17;  39:14; 38:32 & 4k in 33:27 


Oh well, just one of those things I hope!






3 comments:

  1. Sounds like my run Saturday. Slower than yours! Hope you're getting plenty of sleep... at night! Not all afternoon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slower than yours? I don't believe it!

    Sleep? On and off I guess.

    Can you let me know where you bought that breathing thingy? I thought I might try the 'girls' version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was!

    Got mine at Rebel in Woden. They only had 3 models - the 'classic', 'medium' and 'heavy' resistance. I got the 'heavy'. You'd probably want the 'iron girl plus light resistance'. You can't try them first, or return them once opened.

    You get 4 sterilising tablets, but baby bottle tablets would do the job.

    P.S. Hope the trough filler is doing OK.

    ReplyDelete