Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Late Edition!





Well, I did my long run after all!  Jim went in for a nap and there was my chance for a getaway at 2:45pm.  I don't think I've ever run so late in the day but ever so glad I did - it was a brilliant afternoon: very cool, overcast with mist drifting in over the ranges.  Not a soul to be seen on Diamond Fields Road; just me, cows and horses in the paddocks and the wonderful perfume of the bush and trees.  I was almost converted to afternoon running but I think I'd let too much other business get in the way if I were to change.  For this afternoon, though, it was perfect!

Program:
 15km @ 7:23 m/k

Results:
15km @ avg. 7:23 m/k!  Right on the dot!
Best pace 5:18
AHR 122 (77%);  MHR 145 (91%)

5km laps = 36:41;  37:34;  36:52

After all the fuss and bother about running or not running today, I felt really good for the whole 15k and for the first time ever I had the pace right on target!  Diamond Fields Road is hilly, has some flat, long inclines and a few fast downhills - all the ingredients for a great run!  I took some pics but it was a little too overcast for good photos. 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you managed to get out. The countryside looks amazingly different - so green and lush.

    Hope Jim's going well and isn't too much trouble. Also that he doesn't find your stash of brand new shoes under the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ewen, but no new shoes to hide! Jim not well but no trouble.

    ReplyDelete