Sunday, June 26, 2011

Long Hilly Run

First 5km around Renwick school for warm-up; then down Bong Bong, up Old South and Range Roads.  From thereon rolling hills.  To my surprise it was also very windy and cold.  I felt this was a hard run and took many walk breaks on the hills....on the way  up and even coming down.  I was extremely tired when I finished and felt like I'd run a marathon!  However, in spite of the wind, hills, walking and generally feeling battered and bruised, my pace was just about right as per program!   Big surprise!  Started at 9:53 a.m.

Program :  21km @ avg. 7:47 m/k

Time = 2 hours 43 min.
Avg. Pace = 7:48 m/k
AHR 116 (70%MHR 132 (83%)
5km splits :  40:21;  40:39;  37:09;  37:15: (last 1k in 8:20)

 As I said, I felt terribly worn out after this run so, after a shower and something to eat and drink, I made for bed and an hour's rest; surprised I didn't sleep though, just rested.

Total 21km

No comments:

Post a Comment