Tuesday, June 07, 2011

I Hate 800s!

I really do hate running 800m repeats!  I can't do them; they're too hard!  Besides that, the conditions at Chev track this morning were the worst I can recall: zero degrees,  freezing wind and a muddy, slippery, grass track.  I cut the session short by doing 4 instead of 6 x 800m.  The grass was too cold to run barefoot so my socks very soon became water-logged and my shoes heavily laden with mud. Somewhat handicapped I thought!


Program:
10-20 min warm-up
6x800m @ 6:06m/k
10min cool-down. 

2k warm-up + some drills & strides 
4 x 800m (each one slower than the other!)
No cool-down;  I was still freezing!

6:13m/k (4:57);  6:26m/k (5:03);  6:25m/k (5:04);  6:28m/k (5:13)

After the 4th repeat I'd had enough and took off for home & a hot shower!

4 comments:

  1. You're smarter than me. At track on Monday night I was supposed to do 4 x 600 and 3 x 800. Thicko me did 6 x 600 and only stopped after 2 x 800 because I couldn't work out why everyone else was finishing already... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gnome, that's so funny! I can imagine how you must have felt; just like I did the day some time ago when I got to the tack and forgot what I had to do! Had to phone home to find out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were a good 800m racer! I never have to phone home. If I forget I just make it up and pretend that's what I had planned all along ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You use the past tense "were" correctly, Ewen!

    ReplyDelete