Monday, September 10, 2012

Drills and a Few Little Hills ~~~

It's been a while since I've used the Highlands school soccer field, but I went back there this morning for some cross-training.  The morning was very warm and the thought of removing shoes and socks and working on the soft, cool grass was far more attractive than the hard surface of the roads in the Renwick development where I've been doing just about all my training.

Drills here.....


1 set Magill drills with stride between each......about 50m
4 x 100m strides.

But where was I going to find a hill?  Drills and hills was what I set out to do!  The only thing that vaguely resembled a hill was a short, grassy slope leading from the soccer field to the gymnasium/basketball stadium.  It would have to do;  and anyway, this was not supposed to be a hard session.....that's for tomorrow!

8x6 seconds here!

The grass was such a lovely change from bitumen roads that I'm going to try the soccer field again for tomorrow's track session.  I should be able to find and place some sort of markers around the field and run barefoot on the soft surface for 800m repeats.  I used a make-shift track on the roads so should be able to do the same on grass.  Nothing lost in giving it a try! 

About 40 minutes. 

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment