Sunday, September 09, 2012

Week 1 (of 12)~~~Finished!

Very pleased I waited until today to do my long run, although it seems a little weird to label 8k as 'long'!  Yesterday was so windy, I put off going out until this morning when it was perfect...sunny, very warm and just a slight breeze.

It certainly was different having to run only 8km as a 'long' run, but that's what the program says and that's all I did.  I ran along Diamond Fields Road as a change from the streets in Renwick, but the dirt road is in a woeful condition with stones and rocks waiting to send you flying on your face.  Fear of this happening as it did not long ago, means I ran like I was doing butt kicks to avoid tripping on anything!

My pace, which is the most important element in the three major workouts of the FIRST program, slowed down considerably on the hills;  I think almost 10:00 m/k on the steepest.  In any case, I didn't mind the short distance at all!

Program :  8km @ LT pace (6:45m/k based on my recent 5km time of 31:18)

8km in 57:18
Avg. pace  7:10m/k
7:13;  7:10;  7:09;  7:54;  6:03;  7:06;  7:14;  7:25

Diamond Fields Road 8km.


That's Week 1 done with 11 more to go.  Somewhere towards the end I'll run Fishers Ghost 5km...November, I think and then a track 5000m.

Looked up Fishers Ghost 5km and 10km runs...11th November, 2012.

For the 3 major workouts....20km (I don't include cross-training).

2 comments:

  1. I think you should wear a full-face motorcycle helmet if you run on Diamond Fields Rd again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what I need to complete my running wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete